Saturday, May 26, 2012

Birthplace: Guatemala's Tikal Mayan civilization

2012 is approaching, predictions of the end of the world ancient Maya empire by people indulge in elaborating on up.

In order to uncover the veil of mystery, I came to the Mayan civilization birthplace -- Tikal, according to historical records, the once prosperous Empire, but in the short term crumble. For me, looking for clues in the ruins of the breakdown of civilization, to theTravelingBring a unique charm.

The Mayan civilization birthplace -- TiculThe Mayan civilization birthplace -- Ticul

Usually about Maya appears to be limited to Mexico, but I arrived the Maya land, only to find that the Empire has a vast territory, from the north of the Teotihuacan southward through Ecuador Inca pirca Town, and in the Mayan culture center, is in factNorth AmericaThe southern part of the continent of guatemala. Many local people told me, to see the Mayan empire, not to waste the city of tikal.

"You to Guatemala?"

Ticul is the largest city in Mayan civilization abandoned. It is located in Guatemala, Peyton, covered by a jungle.

In Mexico and Guatemala border, my visa seem to have a problem, it seems not Chinese walk from here. My first pass with Guatemala Visa passport, the same people have one one completed formalities, immigration officials still frown on my passport all information. Wait let air solidification, for a few minutes, I have begun to consider returning to Mexico, but think about the unsolved mystery, my heart has a lot of not reconciled to.

Immigration officials a chubby coming over my passport again, call for rapidSpainLanguage consulting superiors entry. And after a long silence, his sentence "you to Guatemala?"

I took the craving eyes say: "travel", often encounter a crisis, my Spanish is becoming more and more light, even one with a pull, said a chase culture, food.

"Really? What is your travel plan?" Officials still frowning, fat.

I'm four down, found a piece of Tikal posters, hastened to say I want to go there tomorrow, I have too many Mayan mystery still unsolved, hope to get the answer in guatemala.

Listen to me say, that fat officials immediately with the his simple and honest smile, close to the soaring index. With a little of their national pride tone: "is that you come to the right! There are many simple and mysterious place we Guatemala Tikal, just like this, you have to go...... , and Maya, you can......" Convenient, and cable in the passport cover immigration chapter. I a time not Huanguo to God, those private. He said I did not remember, to enter the excited state, say thank you.

"Finally can see the real Maya!" I secretly congratulate yourself. We send to Mexico driver saw this "difficult" just, also very cordially shook my hand, I wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment